Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone. I just wanted to make a quick post to tell you all how much Aaron and I appreciate your support this year. We have been blessed by the thoughts and prayers of new friends and old friends, family and strangers.

A special thanks to my girlfriends who have dared to be there for me. It's a scary thing to get involved with someone who is grieving and would have been much easier to just take some time away from me - but you didn't! Every time you said you were thinking of us, or offer you made to take me out (that I probably turned down) or simple note to say hello - it helped push me farther along in this journey. I'm blessed to have you in my life. Never underestimate the small stuff - indeed it makes all the difference.

Christmas is a magical time. Especially in a home with a two and a half year old! John has continued to make us laugh and amazes us with his energy everyday. We're so thankful for our healthy little boy!

The photo above was taken by my uncle Ben at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, Wisconsin. This statue was donated by a family who has a similar experience to ours. We were blessed to have Charlie, Harry and Cal remembered in a Novena of Masses in December.

I imagined this Christmas to be different - but life has moved on. Someday I will know our three little boys. If God made this Earth then he is also fully capable of making Heaven. One day I will know them. Until then I will enjoy every second of this life I've been given; waiting for the day when I will see them again.

Merry Christmas to you all. May the joy of the season warm your hearts and feed your soul.

Blessings,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment