Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Calling My Children Home

There will be a private burial service for family on Thursday the 17th in Mantorville. The boys will be buried together next to my grandma Jean. We welcome friends to join us from 3-7pm on Thursday at my sister's home (where the wedding was -directions below). Please know we would love to see you - it has been so comforting to hear from you and we appreciate every message we have received.

Our boys are so lucky to have such a talented and loving father. He is in the garage now making their casket. He has a beautiful piece of curly cherry that he has been waiting for the right project to use. This is it. While he won't have much time to make it intricate in true Aaron fashion, it will be absolutely perfect.

There are songs that make up the soundtrack of our life. All day yesterday I had the Emmylou Harris song "Calling My Children Home" playing in my head. As part of our own healing we will continue to update the site with our story. Thank you again for all the prayers.

Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Mantorville&state=MN&address=60452+260th+Ave&zipcode=55955-7056&country=US&latitude=44.074872&longitude=-92.718278&geocode=ADDRESS

6 comments:

  1. Kellie & Aaron:

    I am so sorry that our side of the family won't be able to make it for the service. We are away on vacation. I want you to know that you guys have been in my prayers and I will continue to lift you to our loving Father. I will be praying Philippians 4:7 over you guys..."and the peace of God, which transcends all understand, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly & Aaron,

    Mark and I have been thinking and praying for you through all of this. Words alone can't express our sympathy, but we love you and we'll keep you in our prayers. After reading the previous comment, I have to say "wow!"...Phillipians 4:6-8 is my absolute favorite, my life verse! Read it, absorb it, and it will become a part of your coping process. And Kelly, it is so true that certain songs encapsulate seasons of your life. Listen to the song by Casting Crowns, "Praise You in This Storm". It meant alot to me after my MS diagnosis. Please know we are thinking about you ALOT!

    Love, Sara (and Mark) Lohse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kellie, Aaron and John,

    I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your three little boys. Words cannot express the pain you are going through, I am sure. Kellie, when I taught you in 4th grade CCD, I knew then that you were destined for great things. This is it. You have given back to heaven three little angels to watch over many here on earth. God Bless you and keep you.

    Mary McPhee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know me, I'm a friend of Melissa Besse's and found/heard your story through her. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers! My heart aches for you even though we have never met! I have 4 children of my own and I can not even imagine your pain right now. I pray that the Lord give you comfort in your friends, family and most importantly Him. May you find peace that your boys are now in our Heavenly Fathers hands. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, Kellie and John,
    We are so sorry for your loss. We are in Montana and are offering our thoughts and support from afar for the funeral and wake today.
    Wayne and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron, Kellie and John ~

    Words can not come close to make up for what you are feeling right now. There has not been a moment since we found out that we haven't thought of you. Being a parent, makes you look at life differenly, and so to us, this really hits hard. Not only for that reason, but for that fact that we love you two dearly. Please, please, please let us know if we can do anything. Whether it's screaming, crying or just talking, we are here. We are so sorry we won't be able to make it today. We will be thinking of you and praying that this time will help heal your hurt. We love you all so much.

    All our love and prayers,

    Mark and Jamie Sams

    ReplyDelete