Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Mighty Wind...

Aaron and I have always felt closest to God outdoors among his mountains, his critters, his winding rivers and gigantic trees. When the clouds move and the wind blows - man cannot control that nor man create that. Our Earth is evidence, to us, there is a God.

When Charlie, Cal and Harry were born and died it was raining and dark out. I thought, how appropriate. On Thursday afternoon, they were buried. The sun was out and the wind was blowing. Again, I thought, how appropriate. I was hoping that sunshine was evidence that was needed to let me know they made it to Heaven alright - but I needed more.

Thursday evening a few hours after they were buried, a storm was brewing. We got hammered. Rochester lost over 150 large trees, roofs and walls were blow off homes, our power was out and lines were down. Sections of town were barricaded off because of the damage.

"Mama, we made it!" With force and fury those boys gave me the sign I needed. I told Aaron, as horrible as it sounds, I think that storm was a sign from the boys that they made it up to Heaven. He said, "Yep, sounds right. They probably have Mary in a headlock already."

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Aaron with everything I'm going through, you have been in my mind every day. I cry for me and I cry for you. The pain is great and sometimes beyond words. Know that everyone here at Gundersen Lutheran send our blessings to both you, Kellie and John. Know that in our hearts and minds we are wrapping you up in a hug.

    Stefanie Marchbanks
    Gundersen Lutheran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Kellie ... yes, they made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron, Kellie & John,

    With our deepest sympathies, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    The Neurosurgery Department @ Gundersen

    ReplyDelete